Born in 1939 in Castiglioncello (province of Livorno, Italy), Giorgio Marianelli studied Architecture at the Polytechnic of Milan. In the beginning of his career, Marianelli had the opportunity of working at Olivetti’s Design Practice and also at the Ettore Sottsass Design Studio. In 1974, in collaboration with Raul Barbieri, Marianelli founded his fi rst studio which lasted until 1989.
In 1995, together with Cesare Torno, Giorgio founded the Marianelli Design Studio. Since his death, in 1998, the studio has been run by his initial partner, Torno, Emanuele Villa Franca and Barbara Sordina.
During his career, Giorgio Marianelli received many awards and mentions for his notable projects.