Format of the Contract
- These terms of sale apply to all goods supplied by House Proud (Wilmslow) Ltd, whose registered office is at 3 Minshull Street, Knutsford, Cheshire, WA16 6HG. Registered in England and Wales No. (03478474).
- No contract exists between you and the Supplier for the sale of any goods until the Supplier has received and accepted your order and the Supplier or agent of the Supplier has received payment in full (in cleared funds). Once the Supplier does so, there is a binding legal contract between us.
- By way of clarification, an acknowledgement of your order will be sent to you via e-mail when you place your order and any contract is subject to these Terms and Conditions.
- The contract is subject to your right of cancellation (see below).
- The Supplier may change these terms of sale without notice to you in relation to future sales.
Descriptions, Prices & Lead Times
- The description and price of the goods you order will be as shown on our website at the time you place your order.
- Every effort is made to ensure that prices shown on our website are accurate at the time you place your order. If an error is found, we will inform you as soon as possible and offer you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price, or cancelling your order. If we do not receive an order confirmation within 14 days of informing you of the error, the order will be cancelled automatically. If you cancel the order, or if the order is cancelled automatically due to the expiry of the 14-day period, we will refund or re-credit you for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your credit card for the goods.
- Generally our lead times are estimates given by the relevant manufacturer. However, as examples: due to popular demand, peak season, or configuration changes including non-standard finishes it is possible that the lead times may require extending and it is suggested that upon order completion you call or email our Sales team to give a more accurate reflection.
- It is our intention to supply accurate visual representations of colours e.g finishes as true to the finished product as possible. However, due to vast differences in end user display monitors it is almost impossible to guarantee consistent reproduction. We advise that where critical, you contact us to obtain a sample prior to ordering. Simply make a note of the product and email the details to us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help.
- Whilst every effort will be made at time of purchase to colour match items we cannot be held responsible or guarantee there will not be minor variations in finish and colour. This is especially applicable to products from our leather collections.
Making a Purchase
Browse our site and click ‘Add to Basket’ on any items that you wish to buy.
- Review the products in your basket and once happy click ‘Checkout’
- Enter your details either as a new or returning customer so we can process your order. You will then be redirected to Sage Pay to enter your payment details.
- A copy of your order will be emailed to you for your records.
- Payment for the goods and delivery charges can be made by any method shown on our website at the time you place your order. You will be redirected to the secure SagePay gateway to make your payment.
- There will be no delivery until cleared funds are received.
- The goods you order will be delivered to UK mainland addresses only. The address will be that registered with your payment card issuer, unless you request otherwise and we agree to such a request (at our sole discretion).
- Orders placed before 12.00 pm on a working day will be processed that day and will be delivered as per the stated lead time, provided no additional security checks are required. A working day is any day other than weekends and bank or other public holidays.
- We will require a signature upon delivery.
- For deliveries outside of the UK, please contact us on 01625 540407 for more information.
Your right to Cancel
You have the right to cancel the contract and return the goods at any time up to the end of 7 days after you receive the goods.
To exercise your right of cancellation, you must give written notice to us by post or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org giving details of the goods ordered and where appropriate their delivery. Notification by phone is not sufficient.
Once you have notified us that you are cancelling the contract, we will refund or re-credit you within 30 days for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your credit card for the goods.
The cancellation of products that have been specially ordered may be subject to a re-stocking charge.
Bespoke or specially made products
Products that are made to order are recognised by the Distance Selling Regulations as being personalised and therefore cannot be returned. If you need to amend or cancel your order for these products, you have the right to do so at any time up to 48 hours after you have placed your order. If you amend your order in any way more than 48 hours after you placed it, we reserve the right to charge you any costs we have incurred in relation to your order.
Returns & Refunds
If for whatever reason you are not happy with your purchase of our stocked products, then please return to us within 30 days and we will issue a full refund excluding carriage charges. Items are to be returned undamaged, in their original packaging and should reach us in perfect condition including all fixings.
Goods can only be returned to House Proud (Wilmslow) Ltd using a Returns Authorisation Number (‘RAN’). To obtain a RAN please e-mail your order number, product code and reason for return to email@example.com and a RAN will be issued by email.
Please return all goods to House Proud (Wilmslow) Ltd, 2 & 3 Kings Court, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AR and return using a form of recorded delivery. We do suggest that you retain a ‘Proof of Posting’ & tracking number certificate issued by the carrying agent.
Please note products can not be returned once fitted.
Refunds for products that have been specially ordered may be subject to a re-stocking charge and any carriage costs involved.
Bespoke or specially made products
Because some of our products are made specifically to your order it is not possible to return it if not suitable. If the product you have received is damaged or we have made mistakes with your order we will of course repair or replace it as soon as possible. Please check your product carefully and report any problems immediately on delivery as we will not be held liable for visible defects identified after receiving a signed acceptance of delivery. We cannot be held liable for conditions of use or storage within the customers’ house after delivery which may affect the product in any way.
Limitation of Liability
The products sold on this website have been designed to comply with all relevant UK legislation. We cannot warrant or represent that they comply with any legal requirement outside of the UK. We do not accept liability for any consequential loss of profit or indirect losses. You should therefore not book installation of the goods until you have received and inspected them.
House Proud (Wilmslow) Ltd. shall not be liable to you for any loss or damage in circumstances where:
- any losses are incurred in relation to the refitting of faulty goods.
- If you are a business customer we will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss or damage (whether for loss of profit, loss of business, depletion of goodwill or otherwise), costs, expenses or other claims for consequential compensation whatsoever (howsoever caused) which arise out of or in connection with this agreement.
- any losses incurred from the fitting of unsuitable products or those supplied outside the approximate lead time.
Privacy and Data Protection
We reserve the right to keep all customer details on our ordering system and a digital and/or paper copy of your details until such a time we deem it suitable to destroy them. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure all information remains confidential.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the data protection legislation in the UK and have chosen the SagePay gateway for secure payments. At no point do we see your payment card details during the payment process.
The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal information we collect and how we may use it.
- When you order, we need to know your name, address, email address and card details. This allows us to process and fulfill your order. You have the option to withhold personal information that is not required for the order process.
- We use your personal information to notify you of your purchase and to send you updates of your products and/or requested services. We will only contact you with your consent and an opt out option will be provided if you do not want to receive future newsletters.
- We do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons, beyond the essential requirement for credit/debit card validation during purchase.
- We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access in accordance with the UK data protection legislation. We do not collect sensitive information about you except when you specifically knowingly provide it. In order to maintain the accuracy of our database, you can check, update or remove your personal details by logging into your account or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Law and Jurisdiction
This Legal Notice shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Any dispute(s) arising in connection with this Legal Notice are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of England and Wales.